General Functions: Provide general maintenance for apartment buildings; provide assistance to residents and visitors; enforce safety precautions; oversee outside contractors and assist the Property Manager as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance on common areas, common area lighting, trash receptacles & emergency lighting.
- Perform plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, mechanical maintenance and repairs in apartment units and common areas.
- Have a working knowledge and skill with use of power and hand tools.
- Perform chemical tests of the pool and keep detailed records.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of all common areas including snow removal in support of contractors, use of power wash equipment
- Oversee work of contractors, including general contractors, cleaning contractors, landscaping contractors, snow removal contractors.
- Maintain schedule of required inspections to include (but not limited to) fire safety systems, alarms, and elevators.
- Snow Removal: includes shoveling, blowing snow from covered walkways and parking lots and laying down rock salt atop icy surfaces to prevent slipping
- On call responsible for responding to emergency maintenance calls when on schedule.
Maintenance Superintendent must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships Superintendent must answer the company issued cell phone except when sick or on vacation and must be willing to travel to other property as needed
- Must have HUD Property experience
- Inspire experience a plus
- Have Mass Housing inspection experience
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, raise arms above head for extended periods of time, operate power equipment, including carpentry tools and power wash equipment, stand and walk for long periods, lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts Class III motor vehicle operator license.
- Have reliable personal transportation.
- Must be available for emergency situations.
- Must be personable and able to deal tactfully with residents, visitors and contractors. Be self-motivated, able to take direction and work well with others.
To apply for this job email your details to EFarchione@crowninshield.com